Student Rules and Regulations
- Students are expected to adhere to school attendance policies. The office must, first approve any change in student's attendance schedule. Any student absent, without written documentation, the day before or the day after a legal holiday or any scheduled Friday or Saturday, must report to the office before clocking in to be assigned make-up hours or suspension. Students are expected to contact the school each day that he/she will be absent.
- The sign in sheet or clock is legal verification of hours.
Students are required to sign in upon arrival and out upon departure each
day. Failure to follow proper clocking procedures may result in loss
of hours. Students arriving late to class will not be allowed to sit
in the break room or in the clinic while class is in session. Students
must report quietly to class upon entering school.
- In compliance with Tennessee State Board, students exceeding a 6-hour
schedule must be assigned a 30-minute lunch break and a 15-minute break
daily. Time spent going to get food is part of the allotted time.
Part-time students will be given a 15-minute break daily. Because
students are still on the clock, they are not allowed to leave the school
premises during the 15-minute break time. If they choose to do so,
they must clock out. Students exceeding the allotted time for lunch or
break may receive a written reprimand.
- Students must be in full uniform; solid white tops (no T-shirts), black
pants (no Lycra spandex), or skirts (no minis), black closed toe/heel shoes,
and lab coat. Only knee length dress shorts or skirts worn with hose,
is permitted. Students not in required uniform will not be allowed to
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and
professional manner; no gum chewing, please, while on the clinic floor or
classroom. The school has the right to dismiss any student for gossip
or causing discord in the school. Any student who defaces school
property or is found using, dispensing, or carrying illegal drugs or weapons
will be reported to the police and permanently dismissed from school.
Sexual harassment, profanity, and other unethical behavior will not be
- Students are expected to clean up after themselves and to keep the work
area and break room sanitary at all times. Assigned sanitation duties
must be completed and verified by instructor. Failure to comply with
an instructor's assignment or duty will result in a written reprimand.
The word of an instructor in charge is final in all situations.
- Students must eat and drink in assigned areas only. Food and
drinks are not allowed in the classroom during class time.
- The students will be issued a kit complete with supplies, tools, and
equipment. Each student is responsible for maintaining a fully
equipped kit at all times. The student must replace lost, misplaced,
stolen, or broken kit items. Barber kit must be purchased thru school,
unless other circumstances apply.
- A student is allowed 2 written reprimands. If he/she receives a
3rd, this is an automatic suspension for 2 weeks. A student is allowed
one suspension notice. If a student receives a second suspension,
he/she may be terminated.